COVID 19 Updates: Source your locally-made reusable masks from here:
- Coasts for Life's Living Wage Project -3-layer masks Faversham Market, - Debbie Dee East can be found on fb, and on the Nextdoor app., - Patsy Crouch on Nextdoor,- email: email@example.com, - All Stitched Up in Court St, - Top Hats and Tales in west Street, - Barley Mow, - L Jay's Attic in Preston St, Buy online from Hope Fitzgerald.
COVID 19 Updates: TerraCycle Points begin to reopen (15/07/20)
1. Edible Culture: Crisp packets
2. 19 Athelstan rd: Dental products (toothbrushes, flossing sticks & toothpaste tubes), clean & dry pet food pouches & Pringle tubes!
3. 12 Market Place: Crisp packets (from 20th July)
4. Tides Cafe at the swimming pool is no longer collecting crisp packets at the moment
TerraCycling, Water Refills & Plastic-Free Champions in Faversham.
What is TerraCycling?
TerraCycle is a US company that recycles items that are not currently recycled by the council, such as crisp packets and toothpaste brushes and tubes.
Use the map below to find out what and where you can TerraCycle in and around Faversham as well as our Plastic Free Champions!. Or click this link
Toothpaste tubes and toothbrushes at Hernhill school and there is a sub collection point at 19 Athelstan Rd.
Crisp packets (separated an unfolded): at Edible Culture, the Baptist Church, Macknade, and 12 Market Place.
Biscuit /chocolate wrappers at the Baptist Church (entrance by the car park).
Make up containers (cleaned - and did not contain alcohol) - Lush, Boots and also The Body Shop in Canterbury.
Pet food pouches (washed and dried): There is a sub collection point at 19 Athelstan Rd
Pringles Tubes: There is a sub collection point at 19 Athelstan Rd
*NEW* Air freshener, home and laundry care packaging: St Jude's shrine (office entrance) in Tanners Street. Open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Please ensure your packaging is clean and dry. All brands accepted.
This information may change over time.
Tap water Refills in
The Refill Scheme
https://refill.org.uk/ is a nation wide scheme which local businesses can comit to reducing plastic bottles by offering to refill your water bottle. Wherever you see this sign in a shop window you can refill your bottle.
DOWNLOAD THE REFILL APP on your phone to find all 15 refill stations in Faversham and over 900 around the uk! Sign in to record your refills and measure your impact!
Plastic-free stockists in
Plastic-free stockists in Faversham
Heaven & Earth: find plastic-free soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and more! Refill your empty washing up, shampoo and laundry liquid bottles,
Market stalls on Tuesdays (and some saturdays) look out for The Cupboard Store for eco-consious products.
Edible Culture: Inventor of the Posipot & pesticide-free. No plastic leaves the site. Fruit trees, herbs and allsorts of useful plants and gardening supplies as well as a peat-free refill compost delivery scheme.
A truely Eco Shop! Tuesday to Sunday – 9am to 5pm each day